breastfeeding

i recently stopped breastfeeding due to an infection... and i miss it so much. its been 2 weeks. is there any way i can go back to breastfeeding like is there any medicine i can take to bring my milk in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as your doc says it's okay (as in all the meds are out of your system), then I would just start putting your baby to the breast as often as possible to start stimulating milk production again. It took months for my milk to fully dry up, so it shouldn't be too hard. Just keep at it. It'll probably take a few days, but your body should be able to get it going again. Just watch your child in case they begin to lose too much weight.
    Anonymous

• It is called relactation and most certainly you can do it. Get a supplemental nursing system and start using it with formula and pump one side while the baby nurses on the other. You can take fenugreek and many other herbs to help supply, but the best thing is putting that babe to breast. Check out www.kellymom.com. Oh BTW if it was a breast infection you most likely did not need to stop nursing.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I wanted to add that the only REAL way to increase milk production is by actually feeding. It's what releases the hormones that make you produce the milk. You CAN try pumping in between trying to feed your child to try to stimulate it more. I'd call your local hospital to see about possibly using or renting a hospital grade pump for it.
    Anonymous