I am in mother-in-law hell! Really in-law hell, because the fil is no picnic either.

Yesterday they decided withOUT my permission that she my dd was going to spend the night at their house again. Dh says he didn't tell them yes, that they just assumed, but I don't believe it. SO, yesterday, when I thought we were going to pick her up, fil says "Well, you see her every day!" (mind you, she sleeps overnight once a week) And I said "Well, I gave birth to her, that's my right!" and fil says "You don't have any rights, she's ours" I don't care if he said in a joking manner or not! You DON'T say something like that! Dh won't grow a spine when it comes to his parents and it's always ME that complains too much, even though they act like they have rights over her. And when I am around them with the baby, it's like the play keep away. They try to hand her around to everyone rather than give her to me, even when I have my arms out for her. I'm going to f*n lose it! They never had a dd, so they want mine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put them in their place now, other wise it WILL continue.Let them know that you have the final say on EVERYTHING pertaining to YOUR DD. If they don't like it, too bad- then they don't have to spend so much time with her. I had to stand up to my MIL and I'm glad now, We were just there this last weekend and she doesn't pull any of that shit anymore. She would question everything i did. Like i didn't know what i was doing- I know honey, it gets annoying- my DH was a Pussy to and wouldn't stand up to them. To him " they can do no wrong" Good luck babe. In-laws suck- We should make a group. :) haha
    casd

Answer by casd at 2:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• tell them they had their chance at having a dd of their own this one is your's. If they don't respect you then she'll stop visiting. end of discussion

Answer by admckenzie at 2:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had this problem with my own father and my son, ( I was young when I had him ) And my father just thought he was gona take over. HE ( my father) would go pick him up from the sitters while I was sleeping from working nights and do all kinds of things like this .. YOUR just gona have to Stand your ground. then hold to it. Good luck
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• You're going to have to have a talk with them. It'd be nice if your Dh did it, but since he won't, you need to sit down and be serious. My family is difficult like this, luckily we live in a different state. Simply say, "I need you to know it bothers me when..." This is going to be very hard and awkward but you don't want to be annoyed forever. You can say there will be no overnight visits if they don't comply. Better yet, give them a schedule. Say, 'she can stay over one night a month. if you don't like it then she won't stay over at all."
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009