NOT SURE WHAT TO DO

i think im okay with meeting an ex she wants to hang out with him and i dont think i want him to if i dont know her and she said she wants to meet me... my fiance and i have a child together and this other lady has a boyfriend they dated like 5 years ago longdistance and broke it off to be freinds instead.... she has moved to the neighborhood and wants to hang out should i meet her

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It sounds alright to me. If they wanted to be together they would have got back together at some point in those 5 years, don't you think?
    Anonymous

• yes you might as well. You can all be friends. If you trust your man and you have a healthy relationship and she will be living close by. ..seems like you should be open to it. he will want to be friends with her and it was a longtime ago that they dated. I have an ex from 10 yrs ago and he still hangs out with alot of our friends from way back when. I was visiting a friend and we all went out, and his wife was there. It was nice to see we could be friends and adults about it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't ever be comfortable meeting my husband's ex nor introducing him to mine but if you are okay with if then it's fine. I do not think it is very appropriate for him to be going out with her without you, however. But again that's a personal relationship decision and whatever you chose and are comfortable with is fine.
    Anonymous

• Yes! And be her BEST friend! keep friends close and enemies closer...LOL.
    Okay...I'm being dramatic...but seriously, I would meet her. You might like her, you never know.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I agree with Kimberly.........and if you have a strong relationship you should be fine.

I once dated a friends ex....I never saw them when they were together, not once. But they broke up and many years later she introduced us. We lived together for a while, so being she and I were friends in the first place it was fine and we even went on vacations 3 times to see her and her husband! LOL

Maybe offer her to help, find her a new guy!!!

A bit of advice, don't ASK her ANYTHING about how he was with her in any way shape or form. That is past, their relationship IS past. Just be her pal if you find you get along. But don't share ANY details good or bad......AND if SHE asks little questions about....oh how do you and ____ get on?" Or makes snide comments, like he did this for me, not YOU? WOW....etc....tell him... and just be coy and keep your nails sharpened! LOL

Good luck.....hope it works out if you meet her.
    Anonymous