Do you think that being gay is wrong?

I think it is morally wrong.I don't hate gay people or think they are evil.I just hate the sin.God/Jesus is about love not hate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I do think it's wrong. It's completely unnatural. That's not debatable. If everyone were gay, the human race would go extinct. It's sexually deviant...humans were not sexually designed to be with the same sex. I don't see that as an opinion, but a fact. It seems like common sense to me.

With that being said, I don't think it's anyone's business if someone is gay or not. I also don't believe in one "right" religion, so I also don't think that all gay people are "doomed to hell" or something. I don't believe it's unforgivable. I just think that people weren't designed to be gay. Actually, I KNOW that.

I don't think any of you should be bashing the OP. She said she just thinks it's a sin, and in many religions, it is. Why should she accept something she feels is morally wrong? Not everyone has to be liberal on that. She's not asking you to believe what she does, so why should some of you ask her to believe what you do?

StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Nope
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• NO, THERE IS NO SIN INVOLVED FOR THEM, THEY ARE ALL ABOUT LOVING AND BEING LOVED. WHEN YOU SAY YOU HATE THE SIN THE HATE IS TOWARDS THEM TOO BECAUSE THE SO CALL SIN IS VERY MUCH A PART OF THEIR BEING, THE TWO CANNOT BE SEPARATED.

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't agree with it. I really believe that it's a part of who they are. I don't judge them or criticize them for it. To me, it's like asking if I think it's wrong to be black. I am a Christian and I'm aware of what the Bible says in regards to homosexuality. And it does also say to not judge. It's not my place.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Wow....so if you don't believe what YOU believe you are ignorant? Are you a liberal? That's usually how they work. Tolerance for EVERYONE.........who believes what WE do!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No i will not go away.I have as much right to be here as any of you.I was not being mean.I just asked a question.
    Anonymous

• No, I dont think beign gay is wrong. I think that God wouldnt send someone to Hell just cause they were gay. At least, my idea of God wouldnt do that. You cant help who you love. At any rate, its not your place to judge and it seems that by asking this question thats what you're doing. Thats not the "Christian" thing to do.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think it is wrong to give in to temptation, and homosexuality is temptation just like drug addiction is. Drug addicts chose to use or they chose to walk away from the temptation. Same with being gay.

Those that can not turn away from temptation of the veil sort are weak minded and easily manipulated.

Anonymous

• OP here-I am a christian
    Anonymous

• Sins are bad. So is having maritals with your spouse during your period and eating unclean animals, but these seem to fall by the wayside. In addition Jesus never mentioned homosexuality. It is also not one of the ten commandments. So I would assume that the severity of the sin is about the same as everything in Deuteronomy, except for the fact that homosexuality isn't referenced there. Actually only four reference in the entire bible.

So, nope!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009