soccer!

my friends daughter tried out for the soccer team.ya she is good.but not that good.so they were going to put her team 2 of the travel teams.(which is good)the mom said im not going to let my daughter play with this trash on that team she is so much better.well i was embarrassed and the other moms were devastated.well as it is she put her on a team in a whole different town.do you think she was to pushy?it is what it is,if the girl can only make team 2 then.....i thought that was really good.she said she was teaching her child aggression on the playing field.these kids are only 10.this poor child is becoming very aggressive. do you think the mom is to pushy or do you think this kind of aggression is fine????maybe im not being pushy enough.

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ew, all offense to your friend! lol. From the sound of it, your friend was rude to the other parents, smug and superior to the team her own daughter qualified for. She's burning bridges for her daughter, which is the last thing anyone should ever want to do. Well, to each their own. Some people need the spotlight, but I'm certainly not one of them.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 2:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• The Mom needs to back down a bit. My daughter played soccer in 3 leagues from 2nd grade up to leaving high school. She wasn't that good...as far as scoring, but she loved it. That's what was important. She loved playing, loved her team mates, and just had a great time. It's a child hood game, not the Olympics!
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My daughter played from the time she was 4 till she was a senior in High school. When she was small she played in our city and when she got to high school she went to a super 2 team as well as the school team. Super 2 and division 1 teams are plentiful and you can go to tryouts for any club. If you don't mind driving then you can go as far as you want. Many people go further because they think there are better teams. I don't know where you are but all these teams have to be tried out for here in TX. If her daughter isn't that good I doubt she would get picked. If she did anyway, she will be one of the, lets say, bench warmers. She could be doing more harm than good.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• To me, that sounds horrible! I think many parents today are way too involved in pushing their kids and the sad part is that they think they are super-parents! They look down on everyone else, but they are the ones who are doing the harm, in my opinion. I think her behavior was horrible, and yes, she is teaching her child many things by her behavior....none of them good in my opinion!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2009