Does anyone love their Mirena?

I was supposed to go get a Mirena IUD today, but I rescheduled my appointment because I'm so freaked. I've been reading a lot of bad things about them and just don't know if it's worth all the apparent risks. Still, all I'm reading are the bad experiences. I just want to know if anyone has had a good experience. What's it really like to have a Mirena? What are the usual side effects? (Yes, I have been to the Mirena website and I have read everything, so please don't just copy and paste info from there)

laadeedah

Asked by laadeedah at 2:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't have any side effects and in fact, I haven't even had a period. I like it and it's so nice to not have to worry about taking a pill.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had mine installed(?) lol, two years ago. I spotted a little when it was inserted, Wasn't any more painful than having a PAP smear done. My husband said he could feel it occasionally during sex, but not enough to make it awful. My periods stopped within a month, I didn't have the mood swings like I did with the Pill, and I liked not having to worry about it. I had mine removed because of a surgery, but would have it again in a heartbeat. LOVED IT!! The only thing that was a little weird was having to feel for the strings after a cycle. But then mine stopped so I didn't have to worry about it. If you hate it they will take it out. At least it's not like the DEPO where you are stuck with it until it wears off. Good luck!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Well i know that you want to hear all the great stuff about the mirena IUD. I have to tell you I HATE MINE SO MUCH that i am going to get my tubes tied on july 24th. I have spoken to a few other people that have one and they HATE IT. I have no sex drive, mood swings that i never thought that i had in me, pain after and while having sex when i do have it, My SO complains that it hurts him also. So to be honest I have nothing good to say to you about it. My friend has had two tubal preganacy in the past 4 yrs. I would really look at what else is out there really.
    Im sorry that I couldn't tell you that it was great and wonderful.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I LOVE mine... I was on the pill and we will just say I suck at pills thats why I have a 11 month old son.. We wanted babies he just wasnt planed... Well I wasnt liking the idea of the neuvo ring that freaked me out... A shot was not even an option for me I hate needles so I wasnt going to sign up for that and the patch worried me to because I'm allergic to so adhesives so I wasnt going to risk it and my OB and I felt the Mirena was my best choice and I have had one period since I got it and I'm still not sure it was a true period because I got it while my son was in the hospital so I'm thinking it was caused by stress... I have no side effects at all and I never have to think about it.. It doesnt hurt me isnt at all uncomfortable its the best choice I made... My husband complained at first but it no longer bothers him.... If you have any more specific questions just email me on here and I'd be glad to answer them
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

*** I HATE MINE TOO!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2009