Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to make a decision... have a baby or not.

Ok, theres really a lot more to it than have one or dont. I'm 23 years old, married (4 yrs, stable loving marriage) and I have two little boys(my oldest is just about 3 and my youngest is 17 months). unfortunately, I also have severe endometriosis. It's finally been diagnosed and my dr asked me about my desire to have more children. I had always wanted 3. And I told him that. He told me very plainly "the sooner, the better/easier." Apparently, due to the severity of my endometriosis, the chance of infertility is extremely high. So should I TTC soon or should I wait and risk not being able to conceive? I'd love to TTC soon, but.... lol... I wonder if I'd feel the same way if I wasnt told what the dr told me. What do you think?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (8)
  • If I had wanted 3 children and was told now or never .. I would TTC. Best of Wishes

    Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • I would TTC. My hubby and I have been trying for a year now, and it is really tough. If you have the ability to not deal with infertility, I would opt for that. Good luck.

    Answer by toriandgrace at 2:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • I would try for it, y not? If you don't try and you wanted more it could be too late. your youngest child will be older than 2 by the time the next comes along. You are in a stable so you wont have regrets...I would give it a shot, but dont stress or make it a goal. I would just quit with BC and leave it up to a higher power and have fun!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • I would do it, waiting could be to late and the choice would be gone, it's up to you in the end but even if you try and can't concieve the choice is made for you, so why not try the worst you will get is the neg test. Good Luck To YOu!!!

    Answer by NicholeAT at 2:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • I would ttc. Endo is a dangerous disease and can lead to other organ issues.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • Also some ppl think they can wait, but the longer you wait, the less likely you will get pregnant. Unless you want to pay for IVF treatments due to blocked fallopian tubes or scarred ovaries, then I'd ttc NOW!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • OP here (Apparently I accidentally checked the anonymous box, haha)
    Thanks for all of your input! Hubby says the same thing and I'm definitely on the bandwagon too.

    Here's to TTC!

    (send some pink baby dust my way, ladies! With 2 sons already, I'd LOVE a girl! lol)

    Answer by MamaBee626 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • i would go for it, the risk of not being able to have 3 when you want that many would be hurtful i'm sure. g/l!

    Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.