ex husband unreasonable?

so last weekend my bf was taken to the hospital seriously ill. so i go to my ex their dad, asking to trade weekends. of course despite not having anything to do he refuses. then i offer him $500 from a settlement we are splitting then he agrees...i hurriedly get the girls there and then he tells me he needs short me $ 200 on child support...i tell him i can only afford $100 ....now he pissed and is threatening to not pay anything tomorrow. why should it cost me $700 for us to trade weekends nd him to watch his kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• It shouldn't. He should want to take his kids. They are not things that you buy and trade!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It shouldn't Just keep your kids and let him be out the money. If he is gonna take 500 plus short you 200 that is bull
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'd tell him to kiss my ass and keep the kids. You could get a babysitter for much less than $700
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would also tell him to f*** off and figure out something else with the kids for this weekend.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• he can't do that. Child Support was settled in court (hopefully) and he can't change it on a whim. Tell him to pay up the full amt or you'll have him up on contempt of court charges

Answer by admckenzie at 3:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• He does it because you let him. I would ask someone else next time to watch the kids it would cost you less money. I would stick to the custody schedule. If he shorts you on child support drag his butt to court. He only does what he does because he knows you will do nothing.
    Anonymous

• Well damn, I didn't know we should be asking for money every time we take our stepson. We pay $350 a month child support, and we see him every weekend. Last summer he spent almost the entire summer (5 nights a week for 2 months) over at our house, because she couldn't afford child care for him. Well we still payed the same child support, and didn't ask for any money from her. I just loved that we got to spend the extra time with our step son.

Does your ex pay support thru the state? If not than you definitely want to try and set that up, so that no matter what, he has to pay each month. I think it's absolute bullshit that he is being so pigheaded he can't help you out. If I were you, I would only give $300 from the $500 you promised, and say the other $200 you're keeping for the support he is refusing to pay.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 5:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009