Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

custody help?!!

to whom ever has gone through it i need some advise.... im a 21 year old mom with a 2 year old son my ex is wanting 50/50 custody which he thinks will get him outta paying child support i want full custoday because my son has lived with me from day 1 while his father and i have lived apart i feel that i should have full custody because i know how to properly care for him my ex is just the financial part he makes way more money than i and has a job where im a stay at home mom whats gonna happen im scared he is gonna get full custody due to financial reasons ....

Answer Question

Asked by brandnew744 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

Level 9 (318 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • They won't seperate a small child from their mother, no matter what. Also, if you have joint custody, then I'm pretty sure that he will have to pay child support. I would voice your concerns to the judge. But I don't think you have anything to worry about.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • You will be fine just let the judge know everything that you told us and you will not lose your child and if the judge gives 50/50 he will still have to pay child support. He makes the $$ not you.
    Don't worry you and your child will be fine.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • you will most likely share custody. I don't know if they will give him 50/50 visitation, depends on the state. Is he good to your son? I wouldnt recommend limiting the time if he is a good influence. Cna you guys work out a visitation schedule that fits your needs? my friend has his kids everyday after school while his ex works..hestill pays support, but gets alot of time with his kids as well. He will probably still have to pay some support, but you should get a job to show you ae doing your part in are you supporting yourself?

    Answer by ria7 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • Doubtful, he will just get a heafty child support bill.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • well im moving an hour and a half away my aunt is flipping the bill for a 6mo lease on an appt for my son and i so i can get away from his father very controling financially and verbally abusive, i dont want shared custody at all. he lives with his parents and his mom takes car of my son when he is over there i just dont see him to be fit as a parent other than he can support him

    Answer by brandnew744 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • So you made a baby with a man that would ONLY want his child
    to pay LESS Child support you say...

    Wonder if the judge will think of that too.

    There is nothing wrong with your child spending equal time with the both of you.
    You can not control everything..YOur child has TWO parents..

    And depending on the state you live in, he may get 50/50.
    Stop trying to take your childs father away because you have bitter feeling towards him.

    If he is such a bad person, why would you make a child with him.
    If he is not abusive he should have the right to be a father.

    Go get a job because your sahm days just might be over.

    My DD was 18 months old, I too was a sahm...

    Answer by Dannee at 3:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • Joint custody only means both parties are equal in deciding what's best for the child. It has nothing to do with child support. He still has to pay you according to his income. Google the child support calculator for your state. He can't get out of paying it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • He has a good shot a joint custody. Unless the parent is abusive or they live far away I think joint custody should happen. The child should have equal access to mom and dad. Unfortunately for most parents custody is about them and not the children and that is why they fight. I would be prepared for a fight you might win but in the end your child will most likely lose.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.