Do you think women take most of the heat

Like we work night jobs so SO can watch the kids sleep so he can work in the day while we try to get some shut eye here and there while having a full of energy kid running around, we clean the house after work, and cook dinner, and get the kids ready for bed so that the men can relax after his hard day, and then we are exspected to please him after all that, sorry, I'm in a man hating mood LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that you teach people how to treat you. If you have taken on the responsibility and not ever said anything to your man, then you shouldn't expect him to do anything. For me, I don't let mine off the hook. I don't care that he works..........yes it helps us financially, but he is just as responsible for this baby as I am. There is no reason why he can't take care of him when he's home. As a matter of fact, he threw the "well I work" line at me the other day. I said, "that's fine, but you CHOSE to have a child with me. You should have thought about that before." The pregnancy was planned. I think that far too many women are stuck in the 1950's idea of a woman rather then the 2009 version. I'm not saying dump all the responsibility on him, but it should be equal.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Yeah, we need to make sure that the load is shared and that each parent has time off as well as couple time away from household responsibilities. It is exhausting being a mom, and working moms have it especially rough if they work at night and care for the children and house during the day. It really isn't forever though. In a few years the children will be at school most of the year, and then they'll be out on their own.

Answer by Bmat at 3:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I love the 1950s role. I think the role-reversal these days is disgusting. As far as being equals, of course, that is a necessity, but as far as men raising the kids and women having careers and leaving their children it is just ridiculous. If you want to be a mother, then be a mother. Let the husband go to work and yes, when he comes home he should pitch in (mine takes out the garbage, does the lawn work on the weekends, and cleans the bathrooms since I hate those jobs) but it should never be "Oh, okay, you're home now why don't you help take care of the kids and cook dinner for me too?" Ugh, I love being a wife and a mother and as women these days are obtaining more rights to have careers and so-called "lives" the rights of being a mother are being sacrificed and it's becoming harder and harder for women to do nothing other than stay home and be a mother and wife.
    Anonymous

• I dont think the problem is that we take most of the heat its just that daddys will never make good mommies and no matter what my husband will never worry about the kids the way i do.

if the baby eats or dont eat he dont care but i worry and chase her down and try many different foods and make a mess in the kitchen and beg and force and then maybe she will eat. he just sets a bowl of cereal out and thinks if she gets hungry she will eat.

deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 3:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't know what kind of man you've got, but you need to get him off his ass to help. I would NEVER let dh NOT help out.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I haven't read anybody elses' responses but I think you should probably have a heart to heart talk with your SO. Prior to it make a list of things you would like him to do around the house and see if you can come to a compromise.I'm a stay-at-home so I don't know what it's like to have to leave my kids to go to work every day but my mom worked while raising 8 kids.Sometimes when I was 13-14 years old, I wouldn't see my mom for 2-3 days straight because of work and school crossover. She was working doubles and triples. My dad did no housework but and my mom kept the house spotless. He would yell at my brothers to help mom and me clean but they rarely obliged. Whatever my mom couldn't get done at home, I did when I got home from school. My dad never changed a diaper or burped a baby but says he did it all. I'm grateful I married a man totally opposite of my dad. Most of the time he helps when asked.
    maryleo9

Answer by maryleo9 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I get what you're saying. I got lucky though. I work during the day while SO stays with the kids. Then when I get home, he goes to work and I cook supper. We share the cleaning duties. The one place where I disagree is I usually want some lovin almost every night but SO is the one who is tired!
    Anonymous