too early for sciatica?

If I move suddenly I get really sharp pains at the top of my hips (under my pelvic bones, toward the inner part of my thigh). With my first pregnancy I had bad sciatic nerve issues, but I am barely one month pregnant. I'm wondering if this is normal (sciatic problems), or something unrelated?? What do you think?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 3:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't think that sudden sharp pains when you move would be your sciatic nerve, typically that pain doesn't go away necause the nerve is pinched. It can just be from the hormones and your body getting ready to start growing and expanding!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'd say yes, it's a bit early. Usually the weight of the baby is what causes problems with the sciatic nerve. I'd get it checked out.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I have trouble with sciatica and I'm not even pregnant. But I did have three pregnancies and it is getting worse the older I get.

Sciatica isn't just a pregnancy symptom. If it were, men would have the same problem.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009