Military wives

How difficult is it to be pregnant while your DH is deployed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My hubby is not currently deployed, but will deploy before my due date. They are going to try to get him back here for R&R right around my due date, but we will see. I think the hardest part will be if he doesn't make it home for the birth. I really want him to be able to see his baby born and hold him/her.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I am pregnant but my Dh is not deployed he is doing workups to get ready for deployment. So he wasnt here for a good 90 percent of the pregnancy..It was hard but also its better on your end if you think about it because he will be here to spend time with baby...mine wont..lol he will be gone..i would have rathered Dh been deployeed while i was preggo than him leaveing after i have the baby!
    jennbear22

Answer by jennbear22 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My husband will be here most of my pregnancy and will be leaving less than a month before I'm due. I think it would be easier to be pregnant without him than to have to go a whole year right after baby comes with out him. If he is gone through your whole pregnancy than he should be home soon after baby comes right? I would just look at that and be very thankful! I will have an 18 month old a new born when my hubby is gone... not sure how I'm gonna do it but we do what we have to do. I'm sorry he will be gone during your pregnancy - I hope it all goes smoothly for you and that he will get to meet his little one very soon after its born =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 5:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009