• In the Spotlight:

Military wives

How difficult is it to be pregnant while your DH is deployed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do you have any other kids? That makes the most difference, simply because dragging children to and from OB appts. is a little bit difficult. Oh and if you are due while he's gone that would make it much worse.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Hard but i just pray for my husband !
    Anonymous

• I wasn't pregnant when my husband deployed. He was deployed a month and a half after our daughter was born, and was gone for a year. I think that was harder than being pregnant would've been because he was actually missing her growing up as opposed to me growing fatter. :P
    Anonymous

• We care for 2 other kids. I'm not pregnant yet but if i do get pregnant i'll have a midwife. No OB for me.
    Anonymous

• I'm pregnant with 2 small kids and a deployed hubby. Its not easy, but then nothing with deployment is. I have been fortunate to have my family close so they can help me. Thankfully he'll be home in time for the birth.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Its not easy, but you get through it. I have had 2 of my children when my husband was deployed (2 different deployments). I had family and friends to help.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My husband and I were in Kuwait when I found out I was pregnant with my first. I did the pregnancy, birth and first 6 months of my son's life on my own. It is hard but at the same time, you have something positive to focus on instead of constantly worrying about what's going on over seas (even though you still worry). Now here I am pregnant again during his 2nd deployment, he probably wont make it home in time for this one's birth either but this time it's harder not because he's missing another pregnancy but because he's missing our son's life and his transition into being a big brother. He'll be home with in weeks of this one's birth so it won't be as bad as the last time. It breaks my heart to think he'll miss this one too but it's a sacrifice we have to make for the choices we've made to support our family.
    RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 6:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009