Help What did you do for your childs first birthday!

First time mom and i have no idea but i want to do something nice !

hollinshead

Asked by hollinshead at 3:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I made her a big chocolate cupcake and took some pictures. I think parties for kids that little are a waste of money. You're not doing it for the child, you're doing it for yourself because it is physically impossible for the child to remember it. So, give her some chocolate cake, take some pictures of the happy mess and that's all you really need.
    Anonymous

• Easy have a birthday party for her, get the cups,plates and napkins with her fav. charactor, get a big cake for the quests and a small one just for her, take lots of pics. Friends and family will be the there to share the moment
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i did a petting zoo ... yea i know bad mom - too much money - he didnt need it , but whatever. i needed a party that kept the 2 families VERY distant! ... i , like u am stuck for my daughters birthday. i was going to do a pool party in the hotel , but new owners took over the only hotel here w/ a pool and these owners are NASTY racists lol ... but good luck!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My son will be 1 year in September. We're going to have a little party for him. We're going to have an Elmo theme -- as of right now as he's always smiling when he sees him -- and we're going to have two cakes. One for him to just mush his fingers in and one for the guests. We're only going to have a couple kids, so we're getting little gift bags for them. We'll probably do a couple games for the kids that are there. But most of all we're just going to video tape and take as many pictures as possible!
    Anonymous

• pick a cute them and go with it... this year for my 1 and 3 year olds its trains!!! making a train cake and a smaller train cake for the 1 year old, also making they shirts that say "conductor jackson" and conductor stuart" , streemors and balloons, goody bags for the other kids, we are having it at a park so there is lots for the kids to do.

also ahvign lots of snack foods for everyone..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• We had 8 adults & two children in addition to me, my SO & our DD. Just a sm get together. We ordered pizza, chips & soda. There were gifts & just some decorations from the Dollar Store. I made a cake from a box & took a sm amount of batter out to make a seperate cupcake for my DD to have all her own. We just hung out let the kids play (just having a couple of kids makes it less overwhelming for ur LO but still gives them someone to play w/) & let the kids open the presents then play w/ the new toys. It was a lot of fun but I'd suggest just keeping it simple.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• get a couple of kids together and let them play and take picture and throw in a chocolate cake, i think the girl who answered first is selfish if thats all she did for her kid then she was probly too lazy to throw a party the kid only turns one once! , no but really though figure our what his or her favorite character is, buys those kind of decorations, have a cake and ice cream and your childs favorite food, have a little pool party in your back yard, take LOTS of pictures, go to a park, play music, and get the little babies to dance
    Amars_Mommy

Answer by Amars_Mommy at 4:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009