Is it safe to fly in your third trimester?

It will be like a 13 hour flight. Due in April, possibly flying in February or March.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some airlines have restrictions on flying while pregnant. You may have to get a waiver from your doctor. I just checked on this because I'm flying next month.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 4:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It can cause early labor
    Anonymous

• so do you mena i might go into labor on the plane?!
    Anonymous

• My pregnancy has gone smoothly and I'm low risk. I was considering flying at the end of July but have decide against it due more to financial reasons. I will be around week 35 or so at that time. My midwife said it was fine but not to fly after week 37. She also said if the flight is longer than about two hours, to get up and walk around for a few minutes.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• u might go into labor due to the air changes and the flying method not a good idea or unless u get an ok from ur doctor!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• u have to get an ok from your dr. it will depend on how your pregnancy has been going (uneventful...etc). Then he will have to give you a waiver because most airlines won't even let you on without one. You will have to do lots of walking and such and drinking lots of water to stay hydrated. Then the dr should tell you to take it easy a day or two after landing. I was going to have to fly home for a funeral but it was only 2 hours. A 13 hour flight might not be such a good idea.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 6:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009