Foam or Coil mattress

My daughter and I share a room at my parents house. I am getting her a new mattress for her toddler bed because hers is too loud and old. I bought a coil one, but I know that the foam ones are cheaper.......what do you ladies suggest? I kind of like the coil one because there is more support and that is what I would get for myself. She is 5.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would probably upgrade her to a twin size and get the coil mattress that she can use until she's ready to leave the nest.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• We had coil mattresses for the toddler bed because I never found any foam ones in stores. They fell apart, or rather, the kids tore them apart.
    Now my son has a twin sized mattress (regular coil kind) and the coils are poking through.
    My girls all have foam mattresses on their beds and they seem a ton more comfortable. Their beds are from ikea and the mattresses are only like $40 so their cheap to replace if need be. So far the older 2 have had them for 3 years and my youngest has had hers for a little over a year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I cant get her a twin size bed because we share a room, and there is no room for it with my bed in there........
    Anonymous

• Im not trying to be smart but what size bed are you going to get if a twin bed is to big?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Isn't she getting too big for the toddler bed? Even if she can still curl up and squeeze in there are height and weight limits on those things. If there isn't room for an additional twin bed you might be better off sharing the big bed or if you currently have a larger bed maybe you could downsize to make more room? As a previous poster said, Ikea has some wicked cheap beds. I saw one on clearance there this weekend, twin bed with a ton of storage underneath. Something like that would mean you could get rid of a chest of drawers maybe and store the stuff under the bed instead. Folding beds might be an option too, get a fold out chair bed for her and fold it during the day. That would work if there is room for the bed but not room to get around if it's there, KWIM?
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• The only thing about sharing a bed is that we have kind of been doing that, and she is getting too used to it..............doesnt want to go to bed unless I am in there, things like that. As of right now, she is not to tall for it, but maybe will be in a year or so.........

Even so.....foam or coil mattress? Even with a twin size bed.....
    Anonymous

• I dont know if I would want my child sleeping on a foam bed. What exactly are they made out of? What will they be inhaling all night? I just found this article you may want to read : Are You Sleeping on a Toxic Mattress? | Momlogic http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv8-&p=dangers%20of%20foam%20mattresses&type=
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009