Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get insurance on baby when you have no job and live under your parents income?

need help before baby is wants to get guardianship of my son

Answer Question

Asked by ChelsieAnnMarie at 3:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • apply for public assistance. Medicaid should cover your baby.

    Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • Medicaid should be able to assisst you pregnant and after you have the child

    Answer by hollinshead at 3:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • did you try soonercare

    Answer by scooterpooter at 3:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • Medicaid will cover the childe up to 1 year with out any questions of income... and starting next feb every child under 10 years old will be able to have medicaid with no questions about income

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • If you are pregnant you should qualify for Medicaid even if you are already covered by your parents insurance. The baby's coverage would follow. For your mother to take guardianship she would first have to prove you to be an unfit mother. I suggest you be careful of the company you keep and watch what you say to and about people. Don't say anything to anyone that might bite you in the butt later. Contact someone at your local planned parenthood for more help in the area of being prepared for the baby and other gov. assistance you may qualify for. There is lot's of resources out there for girls in your situation you are just going to need to look. You are gonna have to grow up real fast for this to work but I'm sure you can do it if you really put forth the effort.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 3:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • There might be issues if you are your mom's dependent. But look up Medicaid.

    Answer by preggoandfat at 3:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • If you are currently covered on your parents insurance, call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask if your baby will be covered past 30 days.

    Answer by rkoloms at 4:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • yeah what they said...

    Answer by Amars_Mommy at 4:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2009


    Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • You are still considered a separate household (unless you are a minor) even if you live with your parents paying all the bills so you can receive Medicaid and other govt benefits. For food stamps you just have to cook your own meals separately from their's to be considered a separate "household". You may even be able to apply online. Then after the baby is born make sure to apply for child support. They will tell you what benefits you can continue to receive then. You can apply for financial aid and go to school and they could help you with day care and other things. Just ask them.

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.