Weight Loss after C-Section (Mid-section)

Anyone have any good tips on weight loss after a c-section? I've lost 50 pounds already. I was sick right after I had my baby, so that was easy. I gained 75 pounds total in my pregnancy. My whole body is almost back to normal except my stomach. I had a 28 inch waist and it is now about 35 inches. For those who had a c-section, how did you shape up your mid-section? Walking, running, sit ups...etc. By the way, I know I can do the walking, but can anyone tell me when they started doing other exercises? By the way, I'm in my 8th week of recovery. I consider myself in the 6th though due to being sick for 2 weeks after c-section. I'd love to hear how anyone who had a c-section was able to get their pre-baby body back. I don't think I will ever totally have it back, but I'd like to get it as close as possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Not that my pre-baby body was all that great, but I'm pretty much back and I've seriously strengthened and toned my abs. I also had a C-section. START SLOW. Those babies (your abs) are stretched and weak beyond belief. Some good exercises:

1. Lie down on your back and hold on to someone's ankles and have them push your legs to the floor, but don't let them touch and pull them back up. Do 2-3 sets of 8-12

2. Hold onto a weight with right hand while standing. Lean toward the right side so you really feel a stretch on the opposite side. Then pull yourself to lean towards the left side by squeezing your left side abdominal muscle. Repeat on opposite side. Do 2-3 sets each side of 8-12.

3. The plank. With face and stomach towards the floor, get on your hands and toes. Hold yourself in that position with your back straight and your abs tight for as long as you can. Do it 3 times.

Make sure your abs are always tight.
    sschneider

Answer by sschneider at 5:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You also want to gain lean meascle in your stomach. I agree with sschneider you want to start out slow and she gave you some great exercise to start doing. I have used Catalyst to help gain more lean meascle and it has worked great. It helps me get through those tough workouts also. Don't worry before you know it you will be back in shape. Good luck!

Advocare_Mom

Answer by Advocare_Mom at 2:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It's me again! I also have been doing Turbo Jam, but Tae Bo is very similar. These types of videos really work on the core muscles, as well. Pilates might be good too, but I think they're kind of boring. Good luck!
    sschneider

Answer by sschneider at 12:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2009