Is it appropriate for a husband and father to go out with his coworkers (that his wife dosen't know) and drink and spend the night at the guys trailer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• No.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• WOw, that just happened to me last friday!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'd probably be a little weirded out that i dont know the co-worker. ...but i dont see what's NOT appropriate about it. I mean, if they are gonna be drinking a lot i'd rather have him stay right where he is then try to find a way home.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• If he doesn't let the wife know, then no. But if he is going to be drinkin I'd rather my husband stay where he is then drive drunk, as long as I know where he is and who is with.
    Anonymous

• Ah, no. A husband and father should come home. And then there's the professional boundaries. I've always been a bit of a stickler when it comes to keeping boundaries with workplace friends unless they've become true friends. And they obviously aren't true friends if you don't know them.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 3:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i would be pretty mad if my man stayed the night somewhere else, if he could find a ride or drive to the guys trailer then he could have probly made it home the same way, and i think that grown men are a little too old to be spending the night with friends anyway
    Amars_Mommy

Answer by Amars_Mommy at 3:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It's not something MY husband would ever do.
    Anonymous

• I don't want to say a husband and father should have to come home because there are times when I want to go out and might have to stay at a friends house if I've had too much. I don't mean all the time but rarely. So I guess it just depends on the kind of relationship you have. If you're not comfortable with it then you need to let him know. Personally I wouldn't mind as long as he calls me and tells what's going on and comes home right away the next day. My SO has good friends from work who I don't know personally because with the kids, we never go to any get togethers with the coworkers. But I can understand how some woman whould not like that. I'm just not one of them.
    Anonymous

• I'd be upset if my DH did that, but my ex hubby used to do stuff like that all the time. And I know lots of guys who do that to their DW/SO. It's not unheard of, but it IS inconsiderate to you.
    Anonymous

• No.
    disgustipated

Answer by disgustipated at 5:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2009