How can I get a hard headed boy to potty training?

I have a 3yr old who is very hard headed in potty training. The preschool says that he's not ready. But I do. How do I help him with the potty training. He shows me the signs that he is ready. HELP!!!

SamanthaMO

Asked by SamanthaMO at 4:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My middle son was just like that. We took him to the store and let him pick out his own big boy pants. (the ones with the charcters on them). We told him he has to let us know when he has to go potty because he can not dirty his big boy pants. He was so excited about his new underwear that he told us everytime he had to go potty. He did have some accidents but that's to be expected. When he would have an accident he would feel bad because as he says "Big boy pants dirty". But it worked for us. I hope the best for you.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009