reconnected w/ an old friend, but i think she is STILL mad at me......would you be?

3 years ago our friendship ended over a guy. Here is the story;

I had a close guy friend, very platonic. He had one of his old friends move in w/ him, that i just fell for immediately. I was at the end of my marriage, i was still living w/ my ex husband at the time, but we had already agreed to divorce & we lived at seperate ends of the house. Anyway, me & this guy start a snuggling afair. We both would wait for our friend to go to bed & just snuggle for hours. SO, one day i introduce this guy i like to one of my female friends. Being the hottie that he is, she fell for him too. She had no idea that him & i had feelings for eachother & she begins to pursue him. I was very jealous, & eventually broke my secret to her that this guy & i had feelings for eachother. She was PISSED. We havent spoken in 3 years, & i am now engaged to this man. Would YOU still be mad? I miss her, but i think its childish if she is still mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• The best thing you can do is start with open honesty. Get out your feelings and ask her if she is still mad or has feelings for him. Its not like you stole him for her. Did he ever pursue her? If not then she really does need to get over it and move on. If she is still mad it may be better just to keep her out of your life. You don't need her anger coloring your life. I'm sorry your going through this. I hope things work out
    squeeker_momma

Answer by squeeker_momma at 4:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• yea you had him first i wouldnt be mad
    Anonymous

• thanks squeeker! No, he never pursued her. And my dumb ass told him that she liked him, i was curious if he felt the same way. He said he WAS curious, he was initially nervous about us because he was worried that i was "rebounding" with him, obviously that was not the case. I did have him first, she just had no idea. I will get it all out on the table, your right, that's the best way.
    Anonymous

• She may have just been embarrassed and didnt know how to react. I would just lay it all on the table and tell her you know it was a crazy time and a weird situation,but you miss the good times and see how she feels.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009