Only child wishing for sibling?

If you are an only child did you always wish that you had a sibling? Or, if you have an only child, do you sometimes wonder if they would enjoy a sibling to play with, or if they get lonely being the only one?

Plus-size-mommy

Asked by Plus-size-mommy at 4:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was sort of an only child brothers had diff. day, and I begged for a sibling. I wasn't going to have anymore after my first, but I felt guilty so I had another for for that reason only, and I don't have any regrets.
    momluja

Answer by momluja at 4:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I was an only child...and I never wished for siblings. I did have step-sisters that would come every other weekend, but other than that, I enjoyed being an only child.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had a brother, but we weren't ever buddies or anything.

I only have 1 DD, she is 2. I definitely think having a sibling is a positive thing. Luckily we're due in January :)
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 6:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I know my guy wants a sibling but I don't think it's likely to happen since we've been trying for over 3 years now. I'd really like him to have one despite the fact that DH is an only child and I have one sister and really wish I didn't because she's absolutely horrid.
    Anonymous