How can I get an almost 4 year old to be potty trained?

See my post....it will lay out everything we've gone through up to this point...

momofc

Asked by momofc at 4:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The kids is going to go to go to school in diapers.. If you do not get that child potty trained..
    Potty training is not hard just time consuming..Put your child on the toilet every hour..Go buy some underpants..Stop putting diaper/pullups on him/her.
    Anonymous

• have been taking him every hour. He's in underwear, not pullups. Not working.
    momofc

Answer by momofc at 5:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I told the little boy that my sister nannies for that i would buy him this laughing dinosaur if he went on the potty and 3 days later he was all the sudden trained. Find something he really wasnt and tell him if he goes without having an accident for 2 weeks you will get it for him.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My son is 3 1/2 and he was trained by 3 years and a few months. I was so frustraited and about ready to give up when my pediatrician said for me to just STOP. He told me that is was a power trip for my son and that if I make it HIS issue, he will eventually do it. He also told me to have a child or young adult that my son looks up too, and for my son hat is his cousin Alec, tell him he didn't like kids who wet thier pants. Then when my son comes to me and tells me, I'm just supposed to say, "hmmm, ouh well." I didn't go that far though. And also, any time my son brings up going potty, I just ignore it and roll my eyes. I let him know I didn't care and wouldn't you know it, he started doing it on his own !!!! I was so excited, I couldn't believe it actually worked! Give it a try, it can't hurt!! Good luck to you!
    kelly5772

Answer by kelly5772 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009