Is it bad to think you only want one child because you never want to go through teething again?

My girl has been teething since she was 4 months old. her 1st tooth has been trying to come through her gums for the last month and hasnt poked through. i use teething tablets, baby orajel, baby liquid pain reliever. she seems to chew on everything.

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't want anymore when my son refused to sleep through the night for 2 years, but I forgot about it and wanted him to have a sibling.
    momluja

Answer by momluja at 4:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Don't worry, I think that every day too! My daughter is six months old and is trying to get her third tooth in. It's HELL! I'll be happy to stick with just one child, lmao. I also hated the early newborn days. No fun at all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• None of my four were ever the same as babies. I had the teether from hell, and then another acted like teething didn't exist! I have a whiner, I have a biter, I have one that get's up all night. They are all different. But it's all up to you. As soon as that part is over you might change your mind!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Have you tried an amber teething necklace yet? Check out www.hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn for more information on the benefits of amber. I know all kids are different so it's kinda hard to tell, but I really do THINK it's working for my DD. She isn't bothered by teething at all...even when she got 3 in 1 week.

As for feeling the way you do, I didn't feel that way (about not wanting more) until my oldest was a teen and by then...it was too late ROFL.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't mean this to sound rude at all, but if you're having that hard of a time with the teething and can't focus on the fact that this is just a temporary phase, then you probably shouldn't have any more kids.
    Anonymous

• This to will pass.... I told my DH my son would be an only child because his birth was so traumatic... his sister is 18 months old.... your overwhelmed and tired you may change your mind later.

deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 6:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My DD is 4 mos. old and had colic. She is still a very fussy baby and there are moments where i think "I'm never, ever doing this again." When you only have 1 (like I do) I think it's difficult to understand that these are all just phases that eventually end. I never knew how much hard work is involved in parenting! I don't think you can ever really conceive of it until you have one. But...everyone forgets. If ppl. didn't forget about these stages and if they didn't end, who would really have more than 1 kid?
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2009