• In the Spotlight:

What is the best birth control?

Pills, shots, the patch, vaginal ring, IUD, etc. Which would you recommend? Or which ones should I stay away from? I'm going to give birth soon and my mom wants to put me on some kind of birth control after having the baby.

youngmom3525

Asked by youngmom3525 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Health

• I need to know this too,b/c I only have a few more weeks left,and I dont wanna get pregnant again..
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't know which one is the best but to put my two cents in... : ) I just started the pill and I think it's good only if you can remember to take it every day at the same time. I already missed a pill! then had to scramble for the instructions on what to do if you miss one. I think after I'm done with this pack, I'm going to go back on the shot because all you do is go to the doctor, they give you a shot and you're good for 3 months. Although when I finally get my insurance, I plan on getting my tubes tied.
    Anonymous

• I have been on the Shot for almost 5 years and never had a problem! You dont have to worry about taking a pill everyday, you only go every 12 weeks and get a shot. Plus no periods ever!!! I love it!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 4:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I just started taking pills and I miss the shot!!! I'm so worried about missing a pill or am I taking it at the right time and all kind of other worries.....I want my shot back!
    Anonymous

• abstinence is really effective.
    Anonymous

• abstinence
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 4:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Abstinence is the only 100% effective birth control method. I've used several methods myself. I can't remember to take the pill. I don't feel it is safe to not have a period every month (like what happens to me on depo). My Paragard IUD (copper) was the best. No hormones, lasts 10 years....though you can have it removed before then if wanting to conceive.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• NOT having sex, works pretty good at preventing pregnancy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• "abstinence "

Yea that worked out great for her before. At least she's trying to prevent another pregnancy. Better safe then sorry.
    Anonymous

• If you can't stop having sex and preventing it that way, you just need to go in to your gyno and talk to them about it. There is no one "best" birth control out there. Some do best on the pill, some do better with the shot. I've gone through several pills before finding one that didn't either make me have breakthrough bleeding or turn into a raging bitch. Your gyno will help you find out what is best for you.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009