induction...

i am getting induced and am wondering what are the chances for a vaginal deliver?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced twice, both vaginal births...good luck!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• you can have a vaginal delivery all depending on the way your baby takes to the drugs and if u get an epidural as long as ur babies heart can handle it all youll be fine. i had a vaginal birth with my daughter and my son we tried i was induced with him but i made it 8 to 9 cm -0 station and his heart was fluncuating so i had emergency c section so good luck
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i was induced and had a vaginal birth!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I was induced last time and had a vaginal delivery. It was smooth and easy. Even my dr kept commenting on how easy it was, and how it was the "perfect" delivery.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It depends on how close you are to going into labor on your own. They should use a checklist called the "bishop score" to determine labor readiness. The higher the score the more likely the induction will go well, the lower the score the more likely it will not because the body is not ready. Keep in mind that induction shouldn't be advised in case of medical necessity, especially before 39 weeks. See this pdf file: http://www.mybirthbydesign.com/Bishop's%20Score.pdf or the HTML version:

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I was induced 10 days ago and had a vaginal delivery. from the time they put the drug in my IV to the time she was born was about 10 hours.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 5:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I was induced, spent 35 hours in labor and 2 1/2 hours pushing. But, I wasn't dialated at all, and I was on magnesium for preclampsia, which slows down labor. Surely it won't be that bad for you! I did deliver vaginally, though... :)
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 5:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Induction only brings on contractions. Assuming everything else is normal and no complications arise you will deliver naturally.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't think this changes anything, I was induced with both of my pregnancies and delivered vaginally both times. Most doctors tend to steer clear of c-sections unless absolutely necessary. You should be fine.
    SwiftFolk

Answer by SwiftFolk at 8:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2009