Follow up on Would You Be Upset?

Thanks for all y'all's feedback on the cleaning issues and argument between me and my dh. I just talked with him and we will make a dollar jar for both of us to contribute to when we don't do the cleaning chores that matter to each of us. For him, it's when I leave dirty dishes in the LR or kitchen. For me, it's when he leaves snot rags and his work clothes in the hallways, LR or dining room. Hope we can go to a movie and both be trained by the time the dollar jar plan is over!

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 5:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm soooo glad you liked my idea!
    We (I included family and friends in our jar plan) got the jar out to help us to curb our language so we'd be well practiced by the time the baby came. Turns out now we throw all of our change in the bucket still and use it for Christmas money (comes in sooooo handy).
    Much much luck to you both. Compromise is the key to the whole relationship but sometimes we need a little insentitive. :)
    Hope something good is on at the movies when or if you get that thing filled up. I'd do like $5 penalties since you're aiming for movies. And also have a reward thing so that when you go a whole week without both of you leaving things out, then you get to cash it in for doing a great job.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Think I spelt that one big word wrong... so change that to motivation helps :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• That sounds like a great idea. Maybe me and dh will use it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2009