What do you think should be done?

There's this girl that lives in my town who works at a headstart. The age ranges from infants to 2 year olds. This girl is the biggest slut I've ever come across. Now I would usually say what a person does in private shouldn't affect their job but so far this girl has broken up at least 2 marriages that I know of. One was a coworkers husband. This coworker quit and let everyone know why. Then another was a father of one of the kids! Plus the wife also worked with the headstart but on a different campus. This is just my opinion but I think she should have gotten fired. The headstart always says It's about the kids, We're here for the kids. But what good is it if one of the teachers keeps ripping apart families?! I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• if you dont feel comfortable leaving your kids at that daycare (because of staff or for other reasons)you should find another daycare ASAP! when you find a new daycare let them know why...
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 5:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No, daycare workers should not be able to date parents. Even if they are single. I think it was cause to many problems.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 5:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would assume or at least hope that there was a policy somewhere stating that employees cannot mix business with pleasure if you know what I mean, but apparently if she is still working there, there must not be. Oh well what can you do? If you dislike this girl and her behavior than I wouldn't do business with them anymore and you can call in a complain and state why. That's about it I would think.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• If you really don't like herthen maybe you could try and get her fired......

Maybe get together with some other parents, go to the center supervisor, tell him/her that unless something is done about that girl they will lose your business.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Head Start is for 4 year olds and some 3 year olds. It is not a daycare for infants.

Is it in the daycare's contract with her that she not fraternize? If so...that is where she should be fired. If it is not in there, then you need to keep your mouth shut unless she does something to endanger the kids in the daycare.
    Anonymous

• As a pp said, Headstart is not for infants, so you must be talking about a daycare of some sort. If you are parent that has a child in the daycare and you find the behaviors of this employee to be a problem, then find a new daycare to use and let the management of this one know why you are taking your child out.

Regarding the idea about firing the girl for doing what she did, well, you can't blame her for all of it b/c it takes two to tango - the other person is just as much to blame for the results of her behavior as she is. Granted, she should not be fraternizing with fellow employees or clients, but unless there is a specific policy in place disallowing such behavior, there really isn't much management can do about it except speak to her and hope she behaves better.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Her personal life has nothing to do with her working life. Period. If you don't like her and don't want your child there, it's an easy fix. Let's just remember that she wasn't the only one doing the fucking...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• This is a headstart, it's considered school even for the babies and so from 9am to 3pm the parents don't have to pay. anytime before or after that, a daycare fee kicks in. They call it early headstart, then when the kids turn 3, they go to the preschool headstart. My son's went there so I should know! But oh well, you would think some people would use common sense but I guess as long as it's not spelled out to them "please no screwing the parents of the kids" then it's ok!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2009