How come every time someone asks a touchy question they get called a troll?

Just because people get heated over a question doesn't mean they posted it to start something. Maybe it really is the way they feel about something.
If you think it's there to start something why do you respond to it? Even cafemom says not to handle those issues by responding anyway! Some people really are posting questions looking for other input on it, everyone isn't a "troll".......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You will probably be called a troll for this by the way.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Been called a troll recently, huh?
    Anonymous

• Lol. I figured that much! I'm cool with that!
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean. Its way over used anyway. Who cares if its real or not. Go to the next question. geeze lol.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• OP, no not me, I just notice it a lot lately. I just don't see how some of these questions are always attempts to start crap. I mean who are they to decide why someone asks a question. What if they really need the input and we are all calling her a troll? What if she's battling with something and wants to know others views on something to see something different?
    Anonymous

• You can usually tell the difference, like when someone posts a question like "who thinks it's wrong that I'm letting my 13 year old have a make out party" or something like that.
    Anonymous

• People are too easily offended and take a website message board way too seriously and personal. That's a flaw of their own, so I just ignore them. I've never been one to worry what one thinks about me, so why should that change now? I'm definitely not going to censor my opinion to please others. Sorry, but if that's what they're looking for, they've come to the wrong girl. Originally, I'll try to be polite, but that will only go to an extent.If the poster asks something controversial or debatable, they have to expect, especially on this site, to receive the nasty and judgmental responses. It's simply inevitable. Sad, but true.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• well , unfortunately you will have responses from ,people who are ignorant brainwashed indoctrinated by this liberal, sinful society . or it is maybe a group of 9-13 year old immature
    kids that do not know the difference between good or bad. I hope your poll was a conservative one.
    Anonymous

• I think that ppl on here on just constantly on the defense....Some ppl do wanna troll because they love the drama...but because were on the internet it's kinda hard to tell what ppl's real motives are. You really can't put so much of yourself into what goes on in this site because it's just gonna leave a bitter taste in your mouth if you do. I think it would be much better to be confident in our individual opinions than to get in other's faces about it. You can't change it...therefore why try?
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• WOW- I have never heard that used here or anywhere. Of course this is my first time to answer any questions on CafeMom. Yeah if you have a major prob. with the Q don't answer the darn thing.
    noel24

Answer by noel24 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2009