Does WIC cover Soy Milk???

My Daughter is 1 year old, she has been on a Alimentum since she was 3months old. I had her WIC changed over Today and the put her on Whole Milk... Well I gave our Daughter some Whole Milk & fed her for Lunch, then she woke up from her nap screaming. Her tummy was killing her. The Doctor told me to keep her on Alimentum for 3 more months. Will WIC cover that?? Then, the Doctor is going to put her on Soy.. I'm not sure if that is covered also.

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 5:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I want to say no, but I don't know if every state is different. But I'm pretty sure no.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• If you get a note from your doctor saying that is what she needs, then yes, they will cover it.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 5:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No they dont cover it. my son uses soy milk and I have a doctors note and they just let me have the milk.
    Lisse_2006

Answer by Lisse_2006 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Yes! with a 'prescription' from the Doctor. Well, in my state/county anyway. I now see where the above poster doesn't get it...That's odd it seems like since the whole point of WIC is for a child to get the nutrition they need they would cover WHAT they need. What is the point of giving a child who is allergic to milk, milk?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It depends. You have to ask at your WIC office. It does vary from place to place.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It varies by state.
    Here is a great article on plant based calcium: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I live in Florida and I believe they do. I think they all should if you ask me. It's not the kids fault for not being able to have regular milk. They still deserve nutrition.
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2009