Are you for/against the death penalty?

Why/why not?

As some of you may know, lol, I tend to have very strong opinions on many issues, but this is one thing I have never truly been able to make my mind up on. I can understand from both viewpoints. What do you think?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am absolutely for it in cases of 100% certainty of guilt. You cannot count on the justice system anymore to properly punish these criminals and make sure that they aren't allowed to hurt another person again. So many times child molesters get a few years in jail and are let out just to turn around and do the same thing, or WORSE, to another child, or several more children. Lawyers find loopholes to get their client's out of their punishments early, and no-parol means nothing anymore. If you molest, rape, kill, or hurt another person, ESPECIALLY a child, you should be put to death immediately. None of this death row crap. And I also think that lethal injection is too kind. Public hangings would be much better. I would much rather my tax dollars be spent to kill the evil people off this earth than keep them alive in jail, eating food, interacting with other people, and even being able to shower and play games.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Troll!! Just kidding!lol I like questions like these.
    Anonymous

• Haha...that's right

Stefanie=troll. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think its not used often enough or swiftly enough.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• In most cases I am FOR the death penalty.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I agree. In most of the cases, I'm for the death penalty. Guess it's a good thing I live in Texas.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• For it...

A "man" here in FL recently threw his GF's 4 mo old baby from a moving car - sorry please don't even give him lethal injection; hook him up to an electric chair and fry his ass - and pretty much anyone who kills or tortures another.

I don't want my tax money to pay for them to sit all comfy cozy with a roof over their head and 3 meals a day and all medical taken care of - for the next 15 years or so - they should be entitled to one appeal and one appeal only; after that get in line and C-ya....
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think I tend to lean MORE towards for it, but only for murder, and with absolute certainty of guilt. The problem I've had is that some of these people deserve to suffer. Dying is the easy way out, especially if they're in prison for murdering a woman or child. The other prisoners would make them suffer much more than any electric chair. Maybe the family of the victim should be able to decide. Would that be fair?
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• "A "man" here in FL recently threw his GF's 4 mo old baby from a moving car "

That makes me feel sick. I can hardly handle hearing about things like that, it makes me so angry!!!!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Yes I'm for it! Maybe if people actually had to watch a murder that is suitable for a death penalty sentence they'd think twice. The thought of the torture and agony inflicted upon an innocent victim is enough for me alone. Not to mention their motives, half of them just make excuses for their actions anyway. By the way Stefanie, go see my question with your name on it! I promise it's not bad!
    Anonymous