I really want to start. If you do, are you a morning person? For how long do you jog? How early? Do you eat before or after? What works for you?

aMbeR012005

Asked by aMbeR012005 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Health

• I don't jog anymore because of some unrelated knee problems...but I used to in the mornings.

If your starving right when you get up, go ahead and eat a light snack. But save the whole breakfast thing till after you jog. Running with milk and lots of food in your stomach can make you feel really sick.

Anyway. just start light and work your way up to doing 20-30 minute jogs. There's nothing wrong with only lasting 5 minutes on your first run. At a healthy pace you should be able to have a conversation with someone as you're running. If you can't talk, slow down. Over time, your healthy pace will get faster.

Also, your body will do best with cycles of running and rest. The exact number of days may vary, but when my sisters were in cross country, their coach would increase their workout a little bit every day for 4 days. Then have a rest day, then go back to the slow increase over 4 days again.
    Anonymous

• thank you :)
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• amber, eat a light breakfast first because if you dont you will not have the energy or stamina to jog far. Plus it will make your blood sugars drop and you can pass out, cramp up, get a raging headache, and various other things. Not a huge breaskfast but at least a high fiber cereal.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2009