HELP!

ok, i got a mirena IUD june 15th. I know the dr said he would leave the string long for now, im assuming the string would be like a tampon string, right? Well i havent felt it, or tried to, but i was just takin a shower & was rinsing off and I was feeling around down there and noticed something sharp pointing out..so i get out & investigate with a mirror and it looks like something sharp pushing its way out, its kinda flexiable, like it bends when i push on it...but what could it be!? Surely thats not "the string" that would hurt my husband during sex! HELP ASAP PLEASE!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol! This is the string he was talking about. It is hard for a little while but does soften up. You are supposed to be able to feel it after your cycle. Mine ended up kinda wrapping around in line with my cervix. Hubby didn't feel it or at least didn't complain about it. I would call the doc if it bothers you and have it shortened.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009