Do you think 38 is too old to get pregnant?

I guess my biological cluck is ticking away. Currently I have been around a newly pregnant friend and an old friend that just had a baby 4 months ago and another a little over a year ago.I have 2 healthy and happy children but have always waned 4.I am currently 38 happily married to DH for the past 15 years and a Diabetic. What do you think about me wanting another baby?Please be honest!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say that is up to you. I personally wouldn't want another child that late in my life. I have a hard enough time keeping up right now! lol!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Well as someone who had a baby as 37, I gotta say it's perfectly fine lol...but I should say that for me, being pregnant at 37 was a lot tougher than at 21 or 23.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 6:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Yes its up to you im 19 and i want mine now so that i can try and be close and try to relate more to my kids but your age is fine too i guess my parents are old compared to other peoples but i personaly dont care. My mom is 46 and we always bug that wat if she were toget pregnant and y younger sister whos 17 says she would either say it was hers or move out which i think is so stupid an selfish.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 6:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• to old:)
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I would be happy with what I have!! I mean if I were in your situation I just wouldn't push it ya know? My good friend is 37 and she has had two miscarriages. She waited to have children and there is a good chance she won't have any. Women in her family have early menopause. It is totally your decision if you up to it go for it!! But will probaly be alot harder than your other pregnancies. And you have your family to take care of too. So this is a really big decision!! I wish you the best of luck!!
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 6:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm almost 36 with my first and I want at least 2. So no 38 is not too old. Just because your chronological age is 38 doesn't mean that your biological age is too old.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Thanks for the answers Ladies. I guess I have baby fever. My youngest is 5 and I had him when I was 32 almost 33. So not that long ago.
    Anonymous

• I think its kind of old personally...JMO not trying to be mean.

My aunt is 38 and already a grandma bcuz my cuzn is 18 has a baby and my aunt was 20 and had my cuzn. but ne wayz I feel like there is a lot of risk involved with having one at that age. I dont really feel, I know there is much risk. But if you can get an okay from ur doc it should be fine. Just like I know a 38 yr old grandma i also know a 40yr old who just had her first babies who were twins and they are fine. But I say just know the risks.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• OMG why does our society put a woman half way in the grave at 35!!?? If your doctor thinks you are healthy enough to have one, go for it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• People seem to think that once you are past 30 you are suddenly falling apart and ready to start wearing houscoats and trading your car for a walker or electric wheel chair. OP, I can tell you that I am 35 nearly 36 and people mistake me for being in my twenties all the time. Age is JUST a number. The risks are not all that much higher (I looked it up myself), though people like to scare us folks of "advanced maternal age" (gag) with that.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009