Is it bad for my 2 year old daughter to know songs that come on the radio? My mother-in-law thinks it is wrong. They are not songs that cuss or anything. They are country songs and songs they play on the Disney channel.

Asexton1214

Asked by Asexton1214 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nothing wrong with it. She is just a fuddy duddy.
    Anonymous

• Sounds adoreable to me.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• nope,as long as its not inapproperate music...

my neice can rap, cuss words and all.... now thats bad!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think knowing music is wonderful. Your MIL is crazy.
    Anonymous

• nothings wrong- what a great memory, i think its good.
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• unless you are part of a religion that prohibits music, then I see nothing wrong with a child being musically inclined.

Some studies show that music can help increase the neural pathways in a growing brain. Classical music is supposed to be the best, but I think any music (that is age appropriate) is good for children.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Provided she isn't singing about anything inappropriate, I think it is fine. Studies have shown that music and song are actually one of the best learning devices. People have a tendency to remember songs or rhymes better than just spoken word or from reading. You can use her desire to soak up music to your advantage.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• nothings wrong with it. your MIL is just nit-picking. you should tell her to be happy.your daughter is musically inclined! smartysmarty!
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 6:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think it's sweet!
    Like you said, there aren't any cuss words, so there's nothing wrong with it.
    I say let her sing her little heart out and perhaps you'll have a future Reba on your hands. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• absolutely nothing wrong with that!! ive always played the radio for my daughter (country as well) and she loooves it!! i think its soooo cute when lil kids start singing along..now the other day i was aty work and a lil boy who was probably about 3-4 started singing a song and he was singing "i kissed a girl and i liked it" and i was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!! i didnt say anything, but i sure wanted too!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009