HELP! My 2 year old dosnt like it when her new step father kisses or hugs me!

I resently married the man of my dreams and everything is beyond perfect!... Except my duaghter hates it when we are together. She never had a problem with him before we got married and even seemed to really bond with him. But only a week after our wedding she completly FLIPS OUT when ever he comes near me to kiss me or anything and MAKES me pick her up ( screams and yells and hits untell I do) and I just dont know what to do with her anymore. I can tell its starting to put stress on my new hubby cause he really wants her to love him cause he loves her like she was his own. But nothing we do is working. I know he has never hurt her. If he had she wouldnt want him near HER but thats not the problem. She dosnt want him near ME. Nobody else. Just me. HELP!! Any Ideas?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe its just a stage. my son was like that when i first got with my hubby. he HATED it. "youre noy supposed to do that".he related me as being with his dad. does your dd have contact with her father? if so that may be why. or shes jsut used to it being you adn her. she will get over it. i think its just a stage. you can tell her that she has to calm down before you pick her up, that we dont get anything when we whine. that may help with that.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 6:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It's just a stage. She's young and wants all of mom's attention. Just last night my 3 y/o step daughter was fussing b/c her daddy was kissing me--and she & I have a very close relationship. She'll grow out of it.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 6:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No she hasnt seen her bio father since she was 6 months so I dont think she would remember him.
    Anonymous

• Could she?
    Anonymous