question for mommy's who have experienced preterm labor?

Did you "know" you were about to go into preterm labor? Did you have any signs before the actual complete onset of labor? If so, what were they?

I just have this feeling that something isn't right and I don't know what to think of it. I have lots of pressure, diarrhea pretty much daily, lots of cramping...maybe nothing but I don't know? (27 weeks by the way)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did with all my babies. And no I didn't know. I just felt like crap all the time. Sometimes I'd go to the doctor and nothing would be happening, sometimes I'd go and I was at five cm or something! Ask for a fibernectin test. It can tell if you are at risk.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I never knew until I started having contractions. One time, I had been in pain for a day or two, finally went in to the ER and I was dilated to 4 cm and 25% effaced. I had no idea. You should contact your doctor for sure! Let him/her know how you have been feeling and get a recommendation as to a course of action. When I actually went into labor, it started and stopped so many times and I was at 39 weeks, that they just put me on Pitocin and kept me at the hospital. I almost wish I had waited since I was still in labor for 30 hours and I walked all over that hospital and spent about 4 hours on a birthing ball.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• they have this new test out where they can swab "down there" and it gives them like a lil heads up on wether or not you will go into labor within like the next 2 weeks.

I had went into preterm labor at 30 weeks.I felt like crap..and was having contractions so i went to be checked.They gave me a shot of breathine to stop the contractions and i wasnt dialated or anything.They did that test and everything came back fine.im now almost 37 weeks and really wishing he would come out now but i know he will when he is ready
    I would def ask your doc though.cause sometimes a mothers instinct is stronger than what anyone really thinks.see if they can do that test though.and take it easy.dont stress.and make sure you drink plenty of fluids.
    Anonymous

• I had a really heavy pressure feeling down there like the baby was going to fall out. I got put on bedrest for a few weeks. Once I made it to 30 wks they were less concerned.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had nothing. Went to the bathroom one night before bed and was spotting. Got to the hospital and was contracting every 2 minutes. I was also 27 weeks. I was put on bed rest and I delivered at 31 weeks. I would get checked out.
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 6:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2009