• In the Spotlight:

What can I do to go into labor?

I am 10 days away from my due date, I am tired of being pregnant. What can I do to go into labor?

mrstina32

Asked by mrstina32 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I totally agree! I tried everything. My doctor even tried helping it along. What it came down to is that only your baby knows. Your body will tell you and it will alll be worth it! Have a great and healthy baby! Good luck!
    julesgirls

Answer by julesgirls at 2:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• WALK, WALK ,WALK. its great exercise and works really good. sex is another good one. good luck, hope you have an "easy" labor.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• fall on your belly or have someone jump on it
    Anonymous

• Wait and be patient. You'll just exhaust yourself or create a situation of complications. Being tired is a temporary state. Labor will start with labor starts. Your EDD is not an expiration date.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• anon. that was unnecessary on many levels. she's not even asking a stupid question or anything. next time...don't answer if you can't be serious. and OP, walking and sex are the only ones i've heard of haha. don't try the castrol oil or whatever....it doesn't work, makes you sick.
    javila

Answer by javila at 6:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Baby is not ready. No one, not even a doctor knows exactly how far along you really are. Baby may need those few days. If doctor thought baby should come out, he would help it along. I know you are tired of being pregnant, but baby will be here before you know it! Do you want to take him home when you leave the hospital or have him be in the NICU for a few more days while his lungs get ready and heavy jaundice gets better? Believe me I tried it all, and it comes down to it'll happen when it's good and ready! Hang in there!
    Anonymous

• When you get pregnant, you are signing up for at least 42 weeks of pregnancy. If you think you are tired now, imagine how tired you will be when the baby is born! You can walk until you are blue in the face (though walking is a good idea) but because the baby releases the hormone to tell your body it is ready to be born, you will not go into labor until the baby is ready. Do some things to celebrate your pregnancy and take your mind off of your discomfort-make a belly cast, have pics done, get a pedicure/massage, go see a movie, whatever, just don't sit around thinking about it all day!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Nothing is going to work unless both you AND your baby are ready.

I tried the walking and the sex for WEEKS...and nothing really "works". Just hang in there and relax and rest as much as possible, and your baby will be here before you know it! I know it's a long wait, but you've come this far...what's another week or two?

good luck Mamma
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Just wait.....there's no way to "hurry" your labor allthought there are alot of old wives tales :) Try and relax and your baby will let you know when there ready to be born....until then good luck :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 8:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Wait patiently. Anything else can cause an exhausted momma from too much sex or walking, or major issues from ingesting things like castor oil and herbs.

When baby's lungs are mature, baby will initiate labor. So just take a warm bath, relax and enjoy as much as you can before baby gets here.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 10:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009