my daughter keeps saying no..

My daughter just turned 2 on sunday.Everytime i ask her a question she responds with no.Is this normal or am i saying no to much and shes picking it up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 2 also and says no to pretty much anything. Some people say its because thats all I say to her but its not. its just a stage. Most 2yo say no alot because its one of the easiest words to pick up and repeat. Thats all my daughter would say for almost a year then it seemed like out of nowhere she was repeating EVERYTHING. Dont stress she will learn yes and every other word soon.
    Anonymous

• My son turned two 3 weeks ago and he answers everything with NOPE.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 7:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• my DD is 18 months and that is her fav word! NO NO NO NO NO all day long!
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 7:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My son did this too for a while and I turned it into a game. I would ask question that required a no answer. Honey, is there any other woman in the universe more beautiful than Mommy? No.
    Love, do you want to eat the mailbox for dinner? No. Darling, should Daddy refuse to give Mommy a 30 minute back rub tonight? No. I asked questions to amuse both him and us. I also ignored the no answer sometimes. If he said no to his nap I would reply, okay no nap. And then walk him into his nap routine anyway, and he willing went along. lol It is a very healthy stage to experiment with the word no. He is understanding both that he is an individual and that he has a place in the family where the parents rule through great love for him.
    yalomsita

Answer by yalomsita at 7:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Just a stage! Don't worry at all! Funny the whole experimenting thing I am sorry I did not think of that. Ask them more harmless questions that they would normally say yes to. You want icecream? ok then... If you really don't want it.
    julesgirls

Answer by julesgirls at 1:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It's very very normal. All toddlers go through a no phase. My son broke himself of it not too long ago... went to the toy store, he kept saying no to everything. So, we left with nothing. We got to the car and he wanted toys, "Honey, you told mommy you didn't want anything, so you didn't."
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2009