Is it possible for your husband to be jealous of YOU?

Not a friend, not a former boyfriend/husband, but you? And your accomplishments, your life outside of him (IE job, whatever)? How do you think a man would react to his jealousy of his spouse? How would you deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's very possible. a lot of men still have the caveman complex. They think they need to make the most money, achieve the most, etc. So if his gf or wife does more, then they get jealous, or it hurts their pride, and start acting out!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 6:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I agree with NickyJamesMom. Also, I think some men feel threatened like if they aren't the ones doing most of the providing then you might go out and find someone else. Sounds crazy, but true...
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It's definitely possible. My ex boyfriend was very jealous of my achievements and the fact that I made about $30k more a year than he did and owned my own home. Even told me I emasculated him because I would pay for us to go to plays, shows and pay for dinner. I've always been a very dominate, independent person and really didn't think anything of it. It was a bit of a shock when he said it. But saying it didn't help things, because even though I tried to let him be the manly-man, he still felt threatened to where he eventually started criticizing me in very passive aggressive ways. Like making little jabs at my parenting skills or my cooking or tell me he loved me, then the next day flirt with a girl in front of me or just flat out ignore me. If you feel you're in a similar situation, I highly recommend counseling before it gets out of control.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 7:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• yes it isdefinitely possible, sit him down and talk to him before it gets out of control
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 7:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It's definately possible! My husband doesn't have this issue at all, but i've seen it.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009