What is a good routine for a person with a naturally high metabolism?

I have a naturally high metabolism and it seems like a curse at times. I weigh 135 but ultimately would like to be 145-150. The extra weight looks better on my frame to me. But I also want to tone up my midsection, thighs and butt. The problem with working out is I lose weight and havent found the right foods to replace the calories burned. I am also breastfeeding so I'm always burning calories as it is. Anybody know of some good exercises to help me tone up and what foods are high in calories but yet still good for you?

RaiderMommy

Asked by RaiderMommy at 6:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Focus on good fats, like avocados and nuts.
    This is a nutrtionally packed pudding (for kids)
    Dad's Sneaky Pudding
    Makes 2 servings
    This recipe was created by Earthsave International' s Chair of the Board of Directors, Louisville Lawyer and chef, John Borders.
    • 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
    • 1 banana
    • 1-2 tsp. carob or cocoa powder
    • 2 tsp. flaxseed oil
    • 3-5 Tbsp. nut butter (cashew or almond)
    • 2-3 Tbsp. orange juice or other healthy juice such as carrot juice
    • 2 Tbsp. fortified soymilk
    • 1/8-1/4 avocado
    Set your little companion up on a stool beside you, ready to toss in the ingredients and push the button. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. This works best in a food processor; you might add a bit more juice or soymilk if you use a blender. Blend until smooth.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2009