how do you deal with your husband going to rip???

i just recently got married to a us soldier, we have a 1 year old daughter named Laila, he'll be finished with AIT in august, but he came to me with an idea about going to RIP!!! for a whole nother month!!!, i want him to come home sooo bad!!! i miss him so much but he tells me this is for the best but i just dont see it. can anyone tell me whats so GREAT about this rip thing? and what are some ways to deal with the absence?

Mrs.BeAl

Asked by Mrs.BeAl at 7:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• You're talking about ranger school, right?

If he becomes an Army Ranger, he will be one of the elite. Which is great for his career in the Army.

It's just another month, which I know how much it sucks, but its not that bad.

Just keep truckin' like you have since he left. Keep up your own routine.

I firmly believe that basic and AIT don't just teach him how to be a soldier, but it teaches you how to be a soldiers wife. You WILL have to deal with separations, they WILL be a part of your life. Deployments, schools, and field problems will be your new "normal".

You have to learn how to deal with them, keep the homefires burning, and even learn how to not only keep your marriage together, but how to keep your marriage THRIVING through the separations. And when he says it might be a month longer, you cry, but you deal with it and keep waiting...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• will he be going to train here in the FL panhandle? If so, I'll watch out for him for ya. They train on the island across from my condo and then up in the woods near Eglin Air Force Base. If you want you can come and bring your little girl and watch Daddy work from my balcony. If that's out of the question then just have him take a laptop with webcam. My dd's bf is in the Army and they are in constant contact that way. It's like he's here all the time!
    Anonymous