Why would anyone be anti military?

Do you think all the rogue nations will say "OH America has no military, we will have to leave them alone"?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm anti-war. But I'm not really anti-military.

And I know Costa Rica has no military, and nobody attacks them. Of course, I don't know why anyone would *want* to, plus they have a neutral status and their big brother USA protecting them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I have NO idea why anyone would be anti-military. In fact, if they really understood freedom, they would understand it comes at a bloody price. Not that the notion of a peaceful existence isn't appealing, just unrealistic. I think other powerful nations would not leave us alone. Everyone is vying to be top dog.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No idea ignorance I guess.I say if they do not want military to fight enimies then they should get their arses out there and do it themselves.If they are not willing then they should zip it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I believe that the reason a person would be anti-military is b/c of their religious beliefs. There are people who are anti-military and are also pro-life and anti-death penalty. If you follow the Bible word for word without leaving room for interpretation "thou shalt not kill" truly means "thou shalt not kill" regardless of circumstance. I am very pro-military but I am also pro-choice and pro-death penalty (in the cases in which there is absolute certainty of the offender's guilt) so that may be why. That may not be the best explanation but that is the only one that makes sense to me whether or not I disagree.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 7:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Because the idiots believe if there is no military there is no war. If there are no cops, there is no crime.....ect ect...don't believe me.....

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=163653&title=marines-in-berkeley

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Because they're immature and stuck in a high school rebellion mentality so they think it makes them cool to be shocking.
    Anonymous

• Momo... Berkeley... Ugggh, Don't even get me started...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Hi Carpy!
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I knew 'she' would answer. Someone would be anti military if they are anti American.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Answered at 7:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Because they're immature and stuck in a high school rebellion mentality so they think it makes them cool to be shocking.

exactly what I was thinking. When I was in High school and in my high school rebellion mentality I was extreamly against the military. I HATED it! I was young and stupid and had no idea what was really going on.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2009