My Daughter is hiding when she needs to have a BM

My daughter is 28 months and will run underneath the kitchen table or behind a chair or go to other room and get really quiet to have a BM...she'll tell us when she needs to go potty and will pee just fine but when it comes to having a BM she justs seems to not care.

phat_princess03

Asked by phat_princess03 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She actually does care since she is hiding; it shows she is embarrassed about it. I don't have any advice for you though since my DS is 34 mo and does the same thing still. He goes pee on the potty just fine but refuses to do a BM there. I don't know if he thinks it will hurt too much or what. We bought him a book called "Everyone Poops" that seems to be helping a bit. At least he tells us now when he has one instead of denying it, so I guess it's progress. GL!!!
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 9:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009