What would you believe?

If you spent 2mins in hell and that it is a horrible place and seen that it is real or 2 mins in heaven and seen that is was the best place and seen it is real would you believe in God then?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hate to tell those of you who don't believe in hell. Your belief doesn't change it's existance, any more than not believing in heaven.
    Amaranth-if living here is hell, how do you explane those that have extremely easy lives, if the way some of these people live is hell, maybe hell isn't so bad.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I already believe in God, It's not believing that is hard, it' hard to live like the Bible tells you to
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't believe in hell.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• What would YOU believe? If you spent 10 minutes in Valhalla feasting with the gods or 10 minutes in Hel learning the wisdom of your ancestors, would you believe in the AEsir then?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I already do believe in God,and both heaven and hell
    =0
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• What would you believe if you spent ten minutes dead and saw that nothing happened? Just ten dead minutes...empty space and air...would you then NOT believe in God? Ridiculous, rhetorical questions annoy me...
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 7:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Well I don't believe in Heaven or Hell but I do believe in God(dess). 

Since you are talking about Heaven and Hell, one has to assume you are some form of Christian or at least one of the faiths that worships the God of Abraham. 

Going on that assumption...no, I will not go against my heart, mind and soul to be "comfortable".  It is no different then believing in God just in case. 

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I must be losing it, I could have sworn this post was 'anon' when I read it the first time......

Ugh, it has been such a long day.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It's just different beliefs OP. I personally believe that our universe is too vast to have one belief of an afterlife. Where a person goes after death is whatever belief they held in life. Please lets not try to take that comfort away from anyone. Please consider there maybe some people on here who are ill or have a loved on who is ill. They may have a belief that is different from yours. That should not matter. All that matters is what brings them peace. These are all grown women who can and do decide for themselves how, or who, they worship or not worship.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It wouldnt change my mind because I already believe in the Divine. Just not the christian version of it.
    Going to "hell"(which frankly is earth imo) or "heaven" wouldnt change that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009