How do I get financial help for single mothers in Pinellas County, FL?

I recently separated with my husband in April and had to get a place of my own. I have 3 children and am going through a very long drawn out divorce. How or where do I find help for rent and such. He has not paid me a dime in support yet and I have not been able to work due to major surgery and was a stay at home mom prior to that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hey momma, that's a tough road you're on. Check out the DCF page here, you can screen for benefits and there are other resources as well.  Use the Public Assistance Pre Screening tool to find out what you qualify for, and then you can apply.

Here is a link to your county's Housing Authority.  Right now they're not accepting applications for Section 8 (which helps pay rent) but they may be able to direct you to low income housing in the area if you give them a call or visit.

Good luck

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 7:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I hope this is of some help I dont know much about your situation but I am a work at home mom and l may can help you get started working from home being as you are supporting you kids too. I love this company and everything that it stands for. You will receive free training, support, a mentor, and a free website. If this sounds like something you would like to try out e mail me at nakoal87@aol.com or go to www.workathomeunited.com/heathers to get my contact information and i look forward to hearing from you.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2009