HELP!!!

My lo will be 7 months old soon. I still have to swaddle her for naps and bedtime. She's getting so long though that we have had to move up to a fleece throw instead of her baby blankets. How do I get her out of this? She will NOT fall asleep without her blanket wrapped snuggly around her. SOMETIMES for naptime she will fall alseep in my arms, but when I lay her down its like the world is ending for her. and if she wiggles her way out of her blankets she wakes right up.HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sorry idk what to tell you.. you should have stopped swaddling her at about a month old...
    Anonymous

• I didnt start until 3 months old. that was the only thing that would get her to go to sleep...
    Anonymous

• what seems to be the problem if this makes you daughter feel safe who is she harming it might be a inconvenience for you that is why you swaddle them to mimic the womb but she is only 7 months old give her a brake you will want to swaddle her when you look back a she is 17 yrs and see how big and grown up they are enjoy the time you have with them and make her feel safe and loved  no matterhow much time it take out of your life

Anonymous

• its not the fact that i have to take the time to do it. i love that time with her. i just dont want her to be dependant on that to go to sleep. what do i do when she 5 and wants to be swaddled....? get a full size conforter and wrap her up.....i think not!
    Anonymous

• There's always CIO. My DD always hated being swaddled, so she never depended on it. When we were training her to sleep in her crib at 8 wks. I'd try different things like music, white noise, or a crib vibrator thing and my husband always told me not to cause then she'd be 'used to it.' I'm sorta glad I went with that advice b/c now she actually can go to sleep without any aides. Maybe she's cold? What if you dressed her warmer or put her in one of those sleep blankets?
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009