OUCH!!!!

OK SO WHEN IS IT OKAY FOR ME TO STOP B/F. MY SON WILL BE 11 MONTHS ON THE 7TH AND HE JUST BIT MY NIPPLE SO HARD THAT IT BLED! IM JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU KNOW IF ITS ALRIGHT TO STOP... THEN WHAT DO I GIVE HIM SINCE HE WONT DRINK FORMULA FOR ANYTHING! PLEEEEAAAAAASSEEEE HELP!

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do not bf. However, I do know that you can introduce cows milk at the age of one. If you can tough it out for one more month....then you can try giving him cows milk. Good Luck!
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• You can stop anytime you want. No one is going to come and take him away because you didn't make it to some imganiary "good mom" date. Yes, you will find "holier-than-thou" moms who will brag about all the pain and suffering they went through to make it to some date they think is acceptable. They are not you, you are not them, and neither of you is nursing the other's child.

Since he won't take formula, you might try pumping and seeing if he'll take your milk in a bottle or sippy cup. You can do it at all feedings or just one - your choice. Then you can start mixing it with whole milk until he's on 100% whole milk around 12 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My baby girl is almost 9 months and is doing the bitting thing. Sure you can stop and maybe pump until he is one so then you can give him vitamin D milk, or talk to his Dr. Whenever my LO starts getting a little bit physical with her teeth I tug on her chin until she stops, but it hurts SOOO bad, I'm hoping to make it as far as you have. Good luck.
    Mommy_Carebear

Answer by Mommy_Carebear at 8:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Try if he looks like he's giont o bite, detach him adn say NO very loudly and put him down. They soon get that if they do that, mommy gets mad and my meal is cut short. My 8 month old has attempting to bite a few times when she got her teeth, but that quickly solved that issue. Or you can pretend to cry... It upsets them too, because they hurt mommy... The biting phase doesnt last long. =]
    Kelleysunshine

Answer by Kelleysunshine at 9:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• That first bite is also your first discipline issue. When you baby bites you while nursing, immediately pull him off and say NO!, very firmly and seriously.
    The World Health Organization, operating without the influences of the dairy, formula and porn industries (unlike American doctors) recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My baby's doctor said that between 11 and 12 months is ok for milk. He told me that we can start milk when we run out of formula, so like the end of 11 months.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2009