did you??

did you and your SO live together before yall got married? did it last? ive seen the statistics that people who live together before they marry the relationship doesnt last when they do get married... well me and SO have been living together since last october and are thinking about getting married at the end of this year and i just got to thinking

rainylittlebug

Asked by rainylittlebug at 8:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• we lived together for a year now married for 6 years and going strong
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I 'moved' into his dorm room basically as soon as we started dating. About 8 months later my mom gave up and let him move in with me (I still lived at home since I was 17). 3 months after that (1 year after we started dating) we got married. It's been almost 4 years since we got married and we are still very happy.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• me and my hubby been together for 5 years.we have had 2 kids and live together for 3 and half years. we getting married next year. i hope your marriage works out great
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm not married yet, but my SO && I have been living together since last November && we do have plans to get married in the future. My thoughts are that it would make your marriage stronger, because you would know exactly what you're in for...lol, all of their little habits, good or bad, && how they act on a daily basis. So you would know if you loved them enough to deal with their flaws for the rest of your life. JMO
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I lived with him for 6 months before we got married. Our second anniversary is coming up and we are still happy as ever.
    MommyMeli07

Answer by MommyMeli07 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I believe the statistics you referred to are for long term live in before marriage like 5 - 10 yrs. You should be fine. You know you at least have a 50/50 chance since half of all marriages end in divorce.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I lived together before we got married. Statistics also say that 50% of marriages fail. Marriage is hard work no matter how to dice it. Whether or not you live together first isn't going to change that. I think you should see how well you get along with someone living with them before you marry them. That way, you can get out if things dont go well and you'll be glad you didn't marry them before you moved in together.
    Anonymous

• I lived with my ex first, it didn't last. BUT, my parents lived together, and they've been happily married for almost 33 yrs. My best friend from high school lived with her husband for a yr or two before they got married, and they've been married now for like 12 yrs. I don't know that the living together really has anything to do with the marriage not lasting, I think it's probably more that even though they lived together, there was some fundamental difference or problem that wasn't being addressed and that after the marriage is when it just happened to surface or become too major to ignore any longer.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My fiance and I have lived together going on 7 months now. And my parents lived together for 8 years before they got married. They're doing great and have been married about 25 years.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 9:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• We lived together 3 years before marriage and next month will be our first wedding anniversary.....
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2009