asthma...

okay so i'm 17 weeks and a few days pregnant, and I have asthma, the only time my asthma has ever bothered me, was or if I'm really sick. Other then that NO problems ! (or get stung by a bee, allergies type thing) and well lately I notice that the smallest movements make me get out of breath, or I find my heart beating really fast and me panting, and I've only done something like fix my shirt while laying down, or put on a pair pants. So far through out my pregnancy I've lost 34 lbs which means weight isn't my problem. (dont worry i'm starting to gain) - but my question is, if any of you have asthma that's as mild as mines, when you were pregnant did it seem to start bothering you more, and are there any safe inhaler's that I can take that don't have steroids in it?

dorkish_face

Asked by dorkish_face at 8:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was allowed to use all of my inhalers during my pregnancy. With or without steroids. I would definitely talk to your doctor about this at your next appt because pregnancy can aggrevate asthma. And with the heart racing stuff, you have to remember that your heart is trying to pump to take care of two people now and "normal" things become not so normal.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 8:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My asthma sounds exactly like yours and I'm feeling the same way you do. It is fine to use an inhaler during pregnancy. Think about it this way- if you aren't moving oxygen well, neither is the baby.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My asthma was never really bad until I got pregnant. Now his feet are in my lungs and the slightest stretch he makes sends me into a full attack. Its horrible. Plus the added weight I have now (only 12lbs) Has affected how quickly I get out of breath. My doctor says my inhaler is fine to keep taking.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 9:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2009